For all testnets we’ve been fine with a few informal seeds setup by developers and just *.seed.grin-tech.org but mainnet should be held to a (much) higher standard. So on behalf of the team I’d like to request:
- A few additional DNS names, with the following requirements:
- Commit to own the domain for at least 2 years, let us know if an issue arises ASAP.
- Know how to setup A records.
- Be available under a contact email address to add/remove records within 48h (preferably).
- Multiple additional Grin seeds with the following requirements:
- Commit to maintain and upgrade Grin regularly for the next year at least.
- Let us know ASAP if you plan to stop or can’t upgrade regularly anymore.
- Run on decent hardware (anything with 2 vCPUs and 4GB or more is fine) with decent bandwidth (>2 Mbps should be enough) and publicly available P2P ports.
- Know enough Grin configuration to change the max peers limit to 250.
- Know enough to set it up so it auto-restarts on crash (belt and suspenders never hurt).
Thanks in advance for you help!